This article details the timeline from the 2002 film, "The Time Machine and any published spin-off fiction taking place in continuity with the film.
- Note: This article specifically refers to the fictional history, or timeline, that takes place within the continuity of the film and its spin-off media. For the continuity itself, see 2002 Film Continuity.
- 1899 - Alexander Hartdegen begins work on a Time Machine in order to go back in time to save his dead fiance. He completes it, but discovers he can't change that event. He thus leaves for the future.
- 1903 - Alexander completes the machine and sets off on his journey
- 2030 - Humanity has been mining from the moon for decades. Vox serves as a repository for all human knowledge.
- 2037 - The Great Lunar Cataclysm occurs, devastating the Earth.
- 802,701 - Morlocks and Eloi have evolved out of humanity. Alexander arrives from the past and defeats the Morlocks.
- 635,427,810 - The Morlocks have completely conquered the Earth, enslaving and/or consuming all Eloi (This future is non-existent due to Alexander Hartdegen's blowing up the machine to change the future, however this remains the part of original timeline)