Morlocks is a 2011 Syfy film, featuring the Morlocks. The film is a radical re-imagining of the story of The Time Machine: An Invention. Taking place in modern times, this story features a device that opens a portal into the future, where terrifying creatures known as the Morlocks reign over the Earth.
From the Syfy.com website:
- An experimental time machine opens a window into the future and mutated monsters (the Morlocks) use it to come back to the present and go on a murderous rampage. Stars David Hewlett (Stargate Atlantis).
Dr. Radnor, a retired scientist and current science fiction writer, is called back to work at Tempus Flats when his Time Travel device, which he'd previously believed to be a failure, is stuck open and may soon doom the Earth.
Along with a team of marines, he must visit the future to retrieve the Latch, a device needed to close the time portal and save the Earth. But unfortunately, the future's infested with Morlocks and other deadly creatures, including Birds.
Colonel Wichita, meanwhile, wants to capture some Morlock DNA so that he can use it to save his son, who is dying of cancer.
| David Hewlett|
as Dr. James Radnor
| Christina Cole|
| Robert Picardo|
as Colonel Wichita
| Marem Hassler|
as Vera Cortez
| Shelly Varod|
as Private Perez
Races & SpeciesEdit
Differences from The Time MachineEdit
- Rather than a traditional time machine, the film features a time portal, which uses a Latch to return home.
- The inventor in this film is not working alone, but rather has created his time portal for Project ELOI, a military organization.
- Morlocks, rather than appearing via natural evolution, are genetic hybrids created by science.
- The future world visited is 2080, rather than the much more distant year 802,701 of the novel.
- All of the characters present are unique to this film.
- There are no Eloi present in the film, although their name does appear, in Project ELOI.
|The Time Machine movies|
|Based on the original novel||1949 production • 1960 film • 1978 TV movie • 2002 film • Time Kid • Morlocks|
|Based on other novels||Die Rückkehr der Zeitmaschine • Time After Time • Sleeper|
|Other||The Journey Back|